Activities of interest to members include an annual international symposium on poetry and medicine, workshops, readings, and reduced cost of publications by the Hippocrates Press. Members also have discounted registration for the awards for the annual Hippocrates Prize which has 3 categories: an international Open category, an international Young Poets award, and a UK NHS category.
The annual membership subscription of the Hippocrates Society for Poetry and Medicine includes
- one free copy of the current year's Hippocrates Prize Anthology
- 20% discount on Hippocrates Press publications
- 20% discount on registration for Hippocrates initiative events, including the annual International Symposium on Poetry and Medicine, Hippocrates Prize awards, workshops, readings and other events.
Pending events eligible for 20% discount on registration include
- Hippocrates in Venice workshop 21st - 22nd September 2013
- 2014 Hippocrates Prize awards: May 2014
Subscription: 1st July 2013 - 30th June 2014
Standard membership - £40
Student - undergraduate or PhD - £30
Retired - £30